On Tuesday I had appointments with the oncologist and the breast surgeon. Both of them are very excited - they can't feel the lump under the arm and are struggling to feel the lump in the breast. (After further tests they could see that the lump in the breast is more in the region of 4cm in diameter and not two). This is great news, I am responding very well to the chemo and we are only halfway. Praise the Lord for this wonderful news!!!
Our dear friend Hannelie arrived last Saturday and she is like a tonic to my system. Before her arrival I felt a bit down in the dumps. I was more ill than with the previous rounds and I think if your body is not doing so well, emotionally you are also a bit off. But that only lasted a day or two.
Don't know if I've told you before (sorry if I repeat information - blame it on chemo-brain. Much worse than preggie-brain!), my sister-in-law, Marianne, gave me this big bag full of prezzies. It is a clear bag with brightly wrapped chemo-gifts. After every chemo I am allowed to open one gift. This way I can see the pile getting smaller, thus fewer chemo sessions that remain. Thanks Marianne, this is always something to look forward to when I arrive home, looking grey and tired and off-beat after the session.
We are planning to go to Cambridge this coming Saturday. Hugo and Ivan have a birthday party to attend and we want to take a good stroll through the town. Everyone says it is really beautiful. I hope I feel well enough to join in on the fun.
Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes. I appreciate it so much! I hope you all have a great week and nice things planned for the weekend. We have a bank holiday on Monday, so it's a long weekend for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment