Monday, 10 August 2009

Tea Time!


Today I went for some tea. Not just any tea. High Tea. And it was High Tea fit for a queen!

My dear friend Liezel Lotz deserved a treat from me after helping so many times with the boys during the first days of the cancer diagnoses and chemo sessions. So we went for High Tea at The Ritz in London (yes, thé Ritz!).

It was WONDERFUL. Everything so grand that we truly felt like royalty. First you are greeted by friendly, yet very professional staff in white blazers and black bow ties. They then show you to your seat at a beautifully decorated table in a glamorous tearoom. You can choose from about fifteen different teas and then your tier of sandwiches, scones and sweet treats are delivered. And don't forget the strawberry jam (o, excuse me, preserve) and the loveliest clotted cream.

For two glorious hours we pretended that we are so used to this kind of thing. Drinking our tea, eating our scones we chatted the time away. After we took (sneak!) pictures, everyone else also took out their cameras and started taking photographs. This to me was an indication that all of them where also not used to this kind of thing, although I though they were by the looks of things.

Thanks Liezel for a wonderful afternoon. Tomorrow night we are doing cocktails at sunset!

On Wednesday I am having another chemo session. I am taking cup cakes to celebrate the halfway mark. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment