Wednesday, 9 September 2009

My Lazyboy chair

Some pictures: left, our dear friends, the Lotze and us having a last dinner together
2) Kids eating ice cream on the trampoline (we had silence for a few moments!)
3) Andries with very tired boys Ivan on his lap and Hugo next to him
4) Pics of our wonderful care group who helped clean the flat before our move to the new house (I know I know, old news, just new picks!)




The very first time I went for chemo I picked out a chair. A nice maroon colour Lazyboy chair. Ever since that day I go and sit in the same chair for the administering of each session of the chemo drugs. When I go for blood tests I pick other chairs. Why do you think that is? I am not afraid of change but feel content, comfortable and brave in this specific Lazyboy. My space next to a bright big window. In a way it is a symbol of hope, of getting better very soon. A giant teddy bear hugging me.

Today was number six out of eight. I feel so happy that I am 75% there. I saw the oncologist yesterday and she feels very confident about the shrinking lump. According to her I am responding very well to the chemo. I feel so blessed to be under her care. She is a brilliant doctor and so concerned about my well being - physically and emotionally. We'll know for sure about the lump after tests when the chemo is complete.

It was with a sad heart that we had to say goodbye to very dear friends - Francois, Liezel, Anya and Karla. They are on their way back to SA after 10 years in the UK. First they had a great holiday touring through France and Spain and ending their holiday in Mauritius - yes, life can be hard... ;-). The Lord has blessed us immensely with these people. We are going to miss them so much! And if you ever need information about on a great day out in London or where to stay in the UK for holiday, Liezel is a fantastic source of information - she knows all there is to know! But we wish them well and hope the return to SA will be as smooth as possible!

But it is with very happy hearts that we are enjoying every moment of my parent's visits. They are working hard and I appreciate everything that they are doing to help me in the process of getting better. This coming weekend we will show them a bit more of the hustle and bustle of London.

Thanks again for all the messages of hope, good luck and well wishes. It warms my heart and spirit and is definitely helping to get me better! XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment