Monday, 6 July 2009

A Grey day

Today the weather in London is grey - and my heart feels the same. Today I feel and look grey. It's a bad hair day, a bad outfit day, a bad emotional day!

I think the first chemo session went well, although I have nothing to compare it with. I have a massive headache the whole time, I feel exhausted after going to buy bread and milk and I want to sleep all day. Yet, I feel so lucky..... Lucky for finding the lump "in time", lucky to have beautiful children, lucky to have friends and family that are looking after me and our household, lucky to have one more day.....

I know I am just a bit emotional today and usually I get over it quickly. I just can't help to wonder where this road is leading? I hear and read so many success stories, but also hear of very brave woman that needed to conquer this dreadful decease three times. Three times, can you imagine that!! I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself - one day at a time. That is what I promised myself - one day at a time. And also to enjoy what that day is holding. Some days it is going to be high tea at The Ritz in London with a fantastic friend, or it might just be to be able to build blocks with my one year old and watch his new teeth or listening to him singing "row, row, row, row" (that is for row, row, row your boat...).

Life is made up of so many precious moments, we must never be willing to give up on any. And sometimes, the harder times makes the better times so much sweeter.

1 comment:

  1. Dankie dat jy so eerlik is!LIEF,LIEF, LIEF VIR JOU!!!

    ReplyDelete