Friday, 13 November 2009

My own D-day

Finally the evening of the big operation arrived. This event in my life has been stuck in my head and heart since 12 May, the day of my initial diagnosis. We knew this day would eventually arrive.

I have to be at The London Clinic at 6:30 am. They will do an ECG and I will be off to theatre around 8 am. Mr Carpenter, the breast surgeon, explained that it is around a four hour procedure. They will remove the left breast's tissue, sparing the skin of the breast and do reconstruction with the help of the Latisimus Dorsi muscle from my back. They cut part of the muscle loose and tunnel it to the front and reshape it in the form of a breast. If they need to enlarge the area they will do that with an implant or with tissue extracted via lipo suction from my tummy.

I had a good day today. I spent wonderful time with the family and Andries and I went to the Docklands museum and for a cappuccino afterwards. Two wonderful friends from our church, Karen and Rachel, came in the morning to chat a bit and very important, to pray for me. It was a wonderful event, if I may call it that. It is such a relieve to just give all of this to the Lord and not to worry about a thing. Joshua 1:5 promise "I will not leave you nor forsake you". I feel extremely calm and positive about tomorrow's operation. It is not about loosing a breast, it is about getting a new lease on life. Having hope. Getting healed.

To everyone, all over the world - I feel so blessed that you have traveled this journey so far with me. Thanks that you never stopped believing that I am going to beat this. Thanks for the never ending positive thoughts and encouragement. And thanks for the prayers, every day - the Lord heard all of them and knows the needs of our hearts.

We serve a great, mighty and amazing God. I am His daughter. He loves me fully, completely. I love the song "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin. Here is a little bit:

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God.

The Lord loves you, completely, just the way you are. He sees the depths of your heart and still loves you the same. If you should die today, are you certain of where you will spend eternity? Maybe today is your day to invite the lord, Jesus Christ into your live and give Him a change to show you how perfect His love is for you. In Chris' words: His love is indescribable, uncontainable, incomparable and unchangeable.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite! XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment