We had a terrific time in Sharm El Shaikh. The sun was blasting every day and we enjoyed the pools and sea very much. It was a lazy holiday - sleeping late, no cooking, no cleaning, other people preparing all our meals. It was a big treat! On the photo's you can see me on a camel, waiving like queen Nefertiti (after the op it will be queen Newer-titi...), the three hunks that accompanied me to Egypt, our little family, myself and Hugo and Ivan and me.
Oupa André and Ouma Ronel arrived yesterday and it is such a treat to have them here. We were spoilt rotten with the most amazing gifts from bunches of people in SA - we feel so blessed to have them in our lives! I am really looking forward to my packets of Niknaks....
One of the surprises was a file made up by a bunch of my friends. Each one took a plastic bag and filled it up with letters, articles, books and a teabag. The instructions said that I must make a cup of tea with the teabag provided and work my way through each gift pack. It is such a special thing that they did for me and really makes me feel closer to home then I really am. And off course my mom made sure I had new slippers, books, sweets and the newest 'Huisgenoot' with old Joost on the cover! Thanks for all my nice goodies!
So the big day for the operation is only two sleeps away. I feel a bit nervous, but more grateful that the cancer will be cut out. The doctor explained that it is a four hour procedure. They will do the mastectomy and reconstruction of the breast in one. He also needs to do an clearance where he is going to remove about 20 lymph nodes under my left arm to be tested afterwards. The results of these tests are important with regards to further treatment (radiotherapy) and the prediction of recurrence.
Please pray with us for a good and successful operation and a speedy recovery. I need to have drainpipes and will be going home as soon as those are removed.
Just before we left SA in June to come back to start the treatment, Miley Cirus was singing her new song, 'The Climb'. After watching "Why I wore lipstick to my mastectomy" I decided that this song will be my "war song". Slowly but surely I forgot about that and then my wonderful sister-in-law wrote me a letter and mentioned this song. This part I like best:
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith
So, lets keep the faith. Lets keep on climbing.....
No comments:
Post a Comment