One of the decisions that Andries and I need to take is where to have the treatment done - in the United Kingdom or in South Africa?
Quo vadis? is a Latin phrase meaning "Where are you going?" We know that treatment in the UK will be world class, but South African doctors are also world renowned. Our support sytem is better back home, but it would mean that Andries has to leave a job that he has grown to enjoy so much (although he said that he'll return tomorrow if that is what I want to do!).
The boys and I set off for South Africa in two days' time, but on Thursday before we fly out Andries and I will together see the surgeon (Mr Carpenter) for the first time. Based on our discussion with him, and what we learn from our appointments with two oncologists in South Africa, we will be able to make the call. This is not going to be an easy one...
By the way - Monday 25 May was a bank holiday in England, but also my first down day when I was pretty angry about this lump in my breast. I'll have more such days - I am sure. But then again I'll have great days, and we'll make the most of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment