Thursday, 22 July 2010

Chocolate






Photos from the top: the boys swimming; Race for Life and my mates from Rainbow Play Group, My "Race for life for..." poster; Hugo, Ivan and mummy on my birthday; LL and Karen came to visit!

Today, for the first time I tasted Lindt Chocolate with a hint of sea salt. I found it very metaphoric of my life the past month.

On the 24th of June I celebrated my birthday, in Greenwich Park with the three loves of my life. We had a great picnic and every moment of that day I felt so blessed and thankful to actually have that birthday. You see, in 2009, on the 24th of June, I wished that the next 365 days would fly by and indeed it did. I was so happy to celebrate my 34th birthday. Indeed, the day tasted like my favourite chocolate.

June was also a month filled with great UK weather, excursions to the park and train rides. Not even to mention a proper braai just about four times a week. We have also decided to move home and were looking at places in Wimbledon, Putney, Raynes Park. Unfortunately we did not find a suitable dwelling and decided to stay in the Docklands area, where we know lots of people, the boys can continue going to Rainbow Play Group and we can carry on at church as normal. Our good friends LL en Karen Coetzee came to visit for three days. It was wonderful to show them our part of our little UK.

But early July I tasted the salt in my chocolate. We had to say goodbye to a great friend and colleague, Magdel Lotz. She lost her battle against cancer. She put up the bravest fight I have ever seen, always smiling, always looking so beautiful, always being positive and optimistic. I learned so much from her. She was a fantastic teacher, great motivator and a friend through thick and thin. The realisation of this hit home when I did my third Race for Life event at Blackheath. My poster read "Race for life for Magdel....", I had to change that to "In loving memory of Magdel.....". This was so hard to do. But I know she is now in a place where her illness is no more and pain and tears are gone forever. She was such an amazing woman that I believe the Lord couldn't wait any longer to have her with Him, He has great plans......

In four weeks time Andries' mom and dad will be arriving for an eight week holiday! We are very excited and can't wait for the cups of tea we're going to drink together! They are also spoiling Andries and me with nine days of bliss - looking after the boys while we are off to Italy. I can't wait!

There are boxes to be packed and papers to sort through. I am very excited for our new home and the adventures that lies ahead!

1 comment: