
(Photo: The six of us before Oupa and Ouma had to leave for Heathrow.)
I can't believe it's been almost 10 days since the last blog-entry. So much has happened!
First of all, I still need to pinch myself every now and then to make sure I am not dreaming. I am in remission and don't need radiotherapy! I feel happy and light-hearted. So enormously blessed. Make no mistake, I still have my moments - like two nights ago. All of a sudden I felt all panicky -What if it comes back in a few years? What about my young children? How do we explain this to them? But then I took a few deep breaths and reminded myself that nobody knows what lies ahead, not even for tomorrow. And yet again I needed to make a decision that fear will not get the better part of me. If we constantly live in fear it is going to steal our joy for life - I am not going to allow that! I can't control life. I can't control breast cancer. I can't always control how I feel. I CAN control how I am going to react to it.
It was with great sadness and tears that we had to leave my parents-in-law at Heathrow to return to their own home. We miss them so much. Yet again they were such a huge blessing to all of us for a whole month. They arrived back in sunny SA on the 16th, in time for my mom-in-law's birthday. She is a sassy, hip 60! Although they just missed the snow in London, I am sure they will not miss the cold.
But there were also tears of joy. My mom arrived on the day Andries' parents had to leave. So we have a representative from SA for Christmas and new year. It is so nice! And seeing that I don't have to go for radiotherapy, we can spend the time catching up!
Hugo had his last day of play school for 2009 on Wednesday. They were treated to lovely party food and a entertainer, dressed as one of Santa's elves. At the end of the session the kids were sent home with all their artwork in a nice big bundle. Everyone, except Hugo. He just refused to do any artwork and being at a play school, they force no one. So, the big project for this break is to do some painting and colouring. Out with the big "arts-and-crafts"-box..... Messy, messy...
It is almost Christmas and it seems that we might just have a white one. I hope that you all will be able to wind down at this time of year. Also take your deep breaths and count your blessings. Make time and effort to the nearest and dearest to your heart. Remember to say your "thank yous" and lots of "I love yous". Merry Christmas and may 2010 be a very special, blessed year for all.
Ai Lourika, jy skryf so uit jou hart! Ek hoor jou sommer as ek die blog lees!Mooi loop, my liewe kind!!!
ReplyDeleteMag alles net mooi gaan met jou, jou man en kinders. Groetnis aan Anet van Louis en Sara vanuit Richardsbaai. Geseende Kersfees aan almal en 'n baaaie voorspoedige nuwe jaar.
ReplyDelete