Finally the day arrived for the last chemo session. I feel immensely blessed that I was able to get every treatment on schedule as planned. This made it so much easier with everyone coming out from SA to help with the kids and the household. And me being an organizing-freak that suited me well.
The traveling to the clinic this morning (by bus and tube) took forever. But I finally arrived, taking my place in my favorite chair, took the first anti-nausea drugs and got hooked up. So, after about 30 needle pricks and lots of litres of saline, steroids and chemo medicine the last 14 weeks, I AM DONE!!!!!!
As I promised, I took cake. No I didn't bake it myself. My friend Hannelie introduced me to the Thorntons brand of sweets, toffees, fudge and cake - delicious! So, needles to say I got Thorntons fudge / choc / thingemegee cakes. Everyone loved it (myself included).
I would also like to formally thank all the nurses at the daycare centre. They are all so lovely, gentle and professional. I know for them it is only just a job, but if you are traveling the detour road of cancer, their approach can make this journey so much easier. They were all great, but I would not mind mentioning two ladies in particular - Jocelyn and Lyndie. They took turns to administer the drugs and draw blood every week. The two of them are amazing! Thus, I salute all nurses who are doing a great job! Thanks!
Thank you for all your prayers, and messages - as I said before. I would not have been able to travel this road without it. My wonderful husband Andries has been amazing - I love him so much and feel so blessed to have him in my life. Together with our beautiful sons and family and friends - more valuable than all the diamonds Africa can produce!
All the glory goes to our Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - for smothering me with blessings, love and safety. I am at peace with my situation, has been from the start. I felt save and cared for by Him. Thank you for that Father!
And now, I am going to take a nice, long, hot bath, eat delicious veggie soup and go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment